What does a Manager-In-Training (MIT) do?
- Check in with customers before they leave the shop to make sure they had a great experience
- Running the floor (making sure each employee is where they need to be, ensuring everything has been checked on each vehicle, and every customer is satisfied before they leave).
- Perform opening and closing procedures.
- Assist with counting and adjusting inventory.
- Anyone in Management is always responsible for training and developing their subordinates.
- Being a role model to the other employees in the shop.
- Holding team members accountable.
MITs are also expected to perform all technician duties including but not limited to:
- Drain motor oil, change oil filter, grease chassis fittings
- Wash windshield and adjust tire pressure
- Inspect and top off fluids
- Assist the customer in selecting oil type and other services
- Process payment for services performed.
- Perform coolant exchanges and transmission drain & fill services
- Restock and maintain inventory levels on the floor
- Maintain shop, office, and bathroom cleanliness